For more general information, please click on one more of the links below which will help you with the planning required for a home relocation.
- How are you going to get your motor vehicles from Sydney to Melbourne
- Where are you going to stay for the few days while your belongings are in transit?
- How are you going to relocate your pets?
Below are some moving house tips specifically to help you with an interstate move.
You have the following choices:-
- Drive each vehicle down yourself, depending on how many cars you have and how you plan to move your family this might involve driving your car(s) to Melbourne and catching a flight back to Sydney.
- Use an interstate car transportation company.
- Ask a family member or friend who enjoys hitting the road to drive a vehicle from Sydney to Melbourne for you – you might have to shout them the return air flight.
(At Quick and Easy we can move your household goods overnight for you)
There are many different options available here:-
- A really good moving house tip – treat yourselves to a mini-holiday by staying somewhere really nice in Melbourne; you can often get good rates with Wotif.com. and you will really need a good rest before you start the unpacking in your new home.
- Stay with family or friends – but do remember the saying, “guests like fish begin to smell after three days!” so you need to get settled into your new home quickly.
- Drive your household down in the family car and have a one night stay on-route.
- Camp in your new Melbourne home, just make sure that you have organised that the electricity is connected and you may need to consider that you camp includes at least a laptop or iPads for the children…
No article on moving house tips would be complete without encompassing what you should do about your much-loved family pets:-
- Pile them into the car with you, assuming you don’t have too many and you have the room, plus do you know how well they will travel for such a long trip, and finally if you are going to stop overnight, can you find accommodation that will include housing your dog/cat etc.
- Small and medium sized pets can be flown interstate in a pet pack, they get put in the hold of the plane and can be taken as part of your free baggage allowance, assuming that you haven’t already used this up which is very likely for an interstate home move. If you have to pay for your pet to fly from Sydney to Melbourne, they are likely to be charged as excess baggage with the rates based upon the weight of your pet.
- There are specialists’ pet flight services that will transport your furry family member for you such as Jet Pets who will also organise boarding kennels for your pet for you.
We at Quick and Easy hope that these moving house tips make your relocation from Sydney to Melbourne easier and as stress free as possible.
Should you choose us as you’re reliable and affordable interstate furniture removalist, we will help further by ensuring the safe and timely move of your precious household belongings.
Please use our Moving Home Calculator to find out how reasonable our rates would be for your Sydney to Melbourne relocation. Also you can read our customer reviews which will give you peace of mind that Quick & Easy are trustworthy professionals who ensure that we live up to our business motto “It’s quick and easy with us!”
- We'll take the stress out of moving!
- Your valuable items will be protected!
- We'll free up your time!
- You'll receive great customer service!
- There are no hidden fees!
- You will be satisfied!